Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting Caught up - St Thomas

So I know I need to get caught up and I will start with our vacation a couple months ago. haha We went to St Thomas and honestly did absolutly nothing but relax. It was amazing and just what we needed. I was absolutly terrified for the plane ride..but Jeff really took a huge burden off me and watched Simon...and Simon did a lot of ipod watching. On the way there he actually had his own tv which made it super easy and he just played games and watched movies...however on the way home was s different story. Not only did he not have a personal tv...we couldn't see the shared one either. It was kind of a nightmare. Plus we were stuck in the middle of the row which meant getting up and walking him around was a nightmare as everyone decided sleeping was a good option. I really don't like flying American and that's the end of that.
(Oh...and I can't figure out how to get rid of the underlining...wow I'm bad)


Enough complaining...although I think that's probably the only thing I could possibly complain about for this trip. It was an amazing trip and it was so fun to let Simon explore the beaches and relax. Although a lot of people were worried for us taking him, it ended up to be so nice. We would go to the beach and just at the same time I got sick of being there he would need to go back to the hotel for a nap. So it just ensured our own comfort level having him around...and watching him play in the water...forget about it. It makes me into that mom that can't stop talking about her kids.


We stayed on St Thomas but spent half of our time over on St John which we really liked. It was much much less populated so it was a little slower paced (although I'm not sure how much slower it could possibly get). But that being said we did eat on St Thomas everyday...at the same place. When we went on our honeymoon we discovered Ital food which is the best thing in the entire world. So we did a little research and found a place called Rootsie's...which is honestly the best food you could ever ask for. Simon took a liking to Rootsie and he even learned how to give knuckles and eat with a fork. A very educational experience overall :)



No comments: